Be Informed and Be Involved
DSPD hosts quarterly Family and Self-Advocate Information Gatherings to explain changes that are happening with DSPD and what that means for individuals in our services, *self-advocates, and families. This is also a place where you can provide input on the changes talked about, or any concerns you may have. You can find information about the next gathering, along with resources and presentations from previous meetings below.
*A self-advocate is an individual with a disability who wants to share their experiences and help make DSPD services even better, whether or not they are currently receiving services.
Wednesday February 7, 2024
Morning Session: 11:30 AM - 1 PM
Evening Session 6:30 PM - 8 PM
- Meeting link
- Join by phone
- Call: 304-916-7188
- Meeting PIN: 285 499 955#
DSPD has different workgroups, committees, and councils that bring together individuals with disabilities, family members, providers, Support Coordinators, and community advocates to make sure that changes in our system are guided by everyone involved in DSPD services.
Please click on one of the titles below to find out more about current opportunities to get involved.
DSPD will post different projects or documents up for public review here before they are finalized. We will let you know when these opportunities become available.
Resources for Professionals
- Engaging People Who Receive Services: A Best Practice Guide opens in a new tab
- Green Mountain Self-Advocates - Getting Your Message Across: Communicating with People Who Have Intellectual Disabilities opens in a new tab
- Charting the LifeCourse (CtLC) Supported Decision-Making opens in a new tab
- How Providers, Family Members, Friends and Allies Can Help Support Self Advocacy, pgs. 29 - 31 opens in a new tab
- Speak Up: A Guide to Self Advocacy, pgs. 18 - 19 opens in a new tab